Thursday, December 19, 2013

LOWE'S DECK THE HALLS EVENT

Hello!! Is anyone still out there? I know I've neglected this blog as of late and as I've begun some year end reflection, I have come to realize that I have missed sharing my DIY projects and ideas. I'm working on a 2013 recap post where I'll share more of why I've been absent on this blog, but for now, I've got something really fun to show you!

A little while ago, Lowes invited me to attend their "Deck the Halls and Walls and All" event! They invited some amazingly talented bloggers (Oh Happy Day, Little Green Notebook, Design Mom, P.S. I Made This, Brit + Co., and Curbly) and they each designed a room in a makeshift loft area for the holidays. It was the perfect way to get inspired on how to decorate my space. 


Gabrielle of Design Mom decorated the front walkway and "outdoor" area which I just loved! I especially enjoyed the vignette near the bench, complete with cozy pillows and snowshoes. And who doesn't love a perfect line up of Hunter boots filled with gifts?



Then, Jenny of Little Green Notebook decorated the front entry and it was perfect! I loved the unexpected color combinations. For the mirrors shown below, she just strung ornaments on a wire and then glued them to the oval mirrors. So cute, right?


I hadn't seen these lamps at Lowe's before, but I love what Jenny did with them. She filled them with painted nutcrackers! I think these would be so fun to have and to change out the items seasonally. I love transitional decor.


Another great thing Jenny did was to dip ornaments in different shades of paint to make an ombre tree. It was massive and amazing. And it's not too late to do it this year if you're still wondering what to do this year! See more details of this project on Jenny's post


Next up was Jordan of Oh Happy Day and she was in charge of the bedroom and bathroom. She painted the bedroom with chalkboard paint so it was dark and dramatic. I loved that she brought in lots of plants and that the chalkboard paint leaves room for some festive sayings on the walls. 



Jordan's bathroom was so cute...subway tile with dark grout just gets me every single time. She added the red berry garland which I thought was such an easy festive way to give the bathroom some holiday love.


Erica Domesek of P.S. I Made This decorated the living room and it was full of color and fun, crafty details!


If there was ever a tree topper with my name on it, I think these gold scissors would have to be it!



Next up, the dining room decorated by Curbly! I loved that this room could easily be used for fall gatherings and then transition to holiday parties. The addition of blankets and pillows on the seating made it feel so cozy and welcoming. And what an easy way to make things feel special!


Lastly, the kitchen designed by Brit + Co. You guys! This space had so many amazing details! The barstool legs in the photo below were made by just adding white tape to the legs. I mean, come on!




And my favorite detail of the whole event...the washi tape on the edge of the kitchen countertops! (photo by me)


The entire event was such a blast. We did some crafting at the event (I could have stayed at those tables all night!). The dowel rod wreath on a kitchen shelf (shown two photos above) was one of the crafts. They had pre-cut dowel pieces and hot glue guns at the ready and you better believe I went to town. 

A huge thank you to Lowe's for inviting me to the event and for inspiring me in my holiday decorating. This is the first year my husband and I have put up a tree (we've always traveled in previous years) and we're loving how festive everything looks at our house! 

(all photos in this blog post are by Patrick Schneider and are provided by Lowes unless otherwise credited)












1 comment:

  1. denizli almanya çet sohbet
    mynet chat sohbet odaları
    türkiye sohbet
    diyarbakir chat cinsel sohbet
    cinsel yetişkin çet
    bol sohbet siteleri
    lez çet odaları
    gay sohbet ara kamerali
    gazetelerim
    yeni gabile sohbet
    erotik chat odaları
    lez cinsel chat sohbet
    lez sohbet chat odaları
    cinsel chat odaları

    yes good admin blogs comment thanks ;) yeah baby <3 World chat catagory sites chat free zone javasiz chat online users %100 orginal sizlere özel sitemizde bedava ücret sohbetler yapacaksiniz chat,sohbet,gibi kelimelerden bizlere ulaşabileceksiniz.

    ReplyDelete